Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Do You Need to Be Redirected?



Yesterday I was writing a delightful blog post. It was going well. The graphic kicked butt. I was super hilarious and witty. But then I got to a point where I was stumped so I quit writing for the day. No big deal, I'll finish tomorrow I thought.

Just an hour ago I settled in to finish it - refreshed, re-caffeinated and ready to conquer the piece. I'd post it within the hour, clean my house, exercise, shower and watch "The Greatest Showman" before the kids are home from school (I set pretty aggressive goals for myself when I have an "at-home" day). 

But here's the problem...I still couldn't find the words. I cut, pasted, deleted and still...nothing. It wasn't working. 500 words written and I couldn't finish it. 

I had a great title and great content but couldn't come up with a personal story. So I prayed and felt God's nudge. 

"How can anyone else relate to your post if you can't even come up with an example for yourself?" 

And there it was. A little truth whispered in my ear. 

But now what should I write about? I prayed. I glanced slightly to my left and spotted a bible verse I copied this morning. 



This verse resonated with me so much that I had looked it up in my study bible, a second bible and then wrote it down on an index card and promptly set it aside. But setting it aside wasn't the plan God had for that verse this morning. He wanted me to write about it.


Philippians 2:13

For God is working in you, giving you the desire 
and the power to do what pleases Him. 

God redirected me. He gave me inspiration this morning in the form of a bible verse and I disregarded it to work on what I wanted to write about. But guess what? After praying to Him for guidance, He showed me what to do - what would please Him.

Are you struggling today and need to be redirected? Maybe your struggle looks different from mine. Maybe your struggle is with a child who is making poor choices, a broken friendship, a spouse you no longer connect with, weight you can't lose or maybe it is a job that is no longer satisfying you. 

Think about your struggle. Are you pleasing Him in your struggle? What I was trying to write this morning was not. And maybe someday I'll be inspired to re-write it and find an angle that my readers will resonate with, but not today. It was not right. And I chose to listen to His direction.

God is working in you. It might not be what you want to hear or what you want to do. I wanted to finish writing that piece, post it and move on with my day. But the Holy Spirit guided me back into the Word. To seek Him in my writing. To always seek Him. I desperately needed to be redirected this morning (I just didn't know it!).

Whatever your struggle is today, pray about it. Read the verse above again (and again and again). God will answer your prayers, but you must listen for the answer. He is working in you, giving you the desire and power to do what pleases Him. If something isn't resonating for you, maybe you need to re-evaluate it. Ask God if it's the right path. Ask God what you can do differently. Pray with bold assurance. 

Until Next Time,
Neko


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home