Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Kitchen Fails



"Cooking is love you can taste". That image actually made me LOL and is the opposite of what I'm writing about today. I know my way around the kitchen, but I wouldn’t say I’m the world’s best cook. I like to cook, I don’t love to cook. You get the point. Today I thought it would be “fun” to share some of my kitchen fails. You know, besides the typical meal times when my children cry over what I’ve prepared. That’s not a kitchen fail, that’s a kid fail.

Here we go!

When I was a little girl (but old enough to know better) I made instant pudding. Super easy right? Add the pudding powder to the bowl, add milk, whisk and refrigerate. Done. Except the pudding doesn’t set when you accidentally use water instead of milk. Not once, but on two separate occasions. Spoiler: when you do this your older brother makes fun of you for it for all eternity. Fail.

Easy Mac = not so easy for this gal. If you’re not familiar with this invention, it is a disposable bowl with noodles and cheese powder in the bottom and you simply have to add water and microwave. The “simply add water” is where I failed. Again not once, but on two different occasions. I had three bowls to make for my three kids and was working really fast and forgot to add the water to the third one. Both times. A little microwave fire and our kitchen smelling like burning for a week after was the result. Both times. After the second time, Easy Mac was banned from our house. Good call husband. Fail.

Another idiot proof invention that I messed up...the Keurig. I was super careful to read the directions and do everything properly. The first time was a huge success. So was the second time. The third time...fail. The Keurig is a super convenient way to brew coffee...unless you forget to put a cup under to catch all of the deliciousness dripping out. Good thing I caught it. Two minutes after the cycle finished brewing. Fail.

Microwave popcorn. Ugh with this stuff. 2-2 ½ minutes it says. Just wait for the popping to be a couple of seconds apart it says. Yes and yes and burn. Seriously? If I grab it too early half the bag is popped, If I grab it too late, burnfest. Luckily for me, we bought an air popper a few years ago so we rarely have microwave popcorn. Which works out well for me. And my indecisiveness for microwave popcorn extraction. Fail.

There you go, a few of my kitchen fails. I’m not afraid to admit I’m not perfect. I’d love to hear your kitchen fails to make me feel better though!

Until Next Time,
Neko

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home