Friday, February 9, 2018

Friday Favorites


#1
Bible verse: Ephesians 3:16-17

I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong.

#2
"Jesus Calling: 365 Devotions for Kids" by Sarah Young

Last week "Jesus Calling" was one of my Friday Favorites. This week is the kid's version. It follows along with the original version but re-wording it in a way that kids can understand. I pull this gem out at breakfast and read it to the kids. It is a great way to send your kids off for the day (when you remember to read it, eeek!)



#3

NutriBullet

I was hesitant to buy this thing. We have a Vitamix so it seemed completely unnecessary. But I fell in love instantly. It is a perfect way to make a quick and easy smoothie with minimal cleanup. My favorite smoothie recipe is: a handful of spinach, a few carrots, a few cucumber slices, half of an avocado, a few frozen berries, unsweetened coconut milk, a splash of MCT oil and a scoop of whey protein powder and a spoonful of chia seeds if I'm feeling sassy. Blend and enjoy. You can buy a NutriBullet here (we got ours at Costco).

NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System, Gray

#4
Trader Joe's Crunchy Almond Butter


First, I apologize to all of the germaphobes out there. But I'll sit with a jar of this almond butter and a spoon and shovel away. This stuff is delicious. Honestly, I've never eaten it other than the spoon to mouth method. So if you come to my house you might want to have the regular peanut butter on your toast instead. Anyway, this almond butter is amazing. I've tried almond butter from Costco, Whole Foods and Aldi and taste-wise it doesn't even come close. Warning: it has to be salted and it has to be crunchy. You only make that mistake once. Check it out here.


Crunchy, Salted Almond Butter


#5
Paula's Choice Skincare

I've tried a lot of skincare lines in my day. And full disclosure, I tend to use and obsess over products until the bottles are empty and then I grow tired of them and want to make a change. I can't promise this won't happen with Paula's Choice, but so far I love this entire product line.  I feel like it was created specifically for a middle-aged gal like me. It's made without fragrance and dyes and manufactured in the USA. And their customer service is awesome, I spent twenty minutes talking to a rep who helped me pick out all of the products I should try based on my skincare needs. You can get more info here

No automatic alt text available.

There you have it! My Friday Favorites, happy Friday everyone!

Until Next Time,
Neko

1 Comments:

At February 14, 2018 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Kelly Banning said...

Thanks for the tip on the Jesus Calling book. Got one ordered today.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home