Tuesday, February 20, 2018

I'm a Millionaire?

Photo by Pepi Stojanovski on Unsplash

You are never going to believe what happened to me today. Seriously you guys, it’s insane and I can’t hardly believe it myself. I just won $1.5 million dollars! YES! An email came through my inbox from the one and only Warren Buffet. Turns out, my email address was randomly selected to receive the cash award. What? Nothing like this EVER happens to me!

Here is the email:

Hi,

My name is Warren E. Buffet an American business magnate, investor and philanthropist. am the most successful investor in the world. I believe strongly in‘giving while living’ I had one idea that never changed in my mind ? that you should use your wealth to help people and i have decided to give {$1,500,000.00} One Million Five Hundred Thousand United Dollars, to randomly selected individuals worldwide. On receipt of this email, you should count yourself as the lucky individual. Your email address was chosen online while searching at random.

Kindly get back to me at your earliest convenience before i travel to japan for my treatment , so I know your email address is valid. (warrenbuff1@yahoo.com) Email me

Thank you for accepting our offer, we are indeed grateful You Can Google my name for more information: Warren Buffet OR You visit my website

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett

God bless you.
Best Regard
Mr Warren E. Buffett Billionaire investor

Can you believe my luck, that I was one of a small group of people chosen out of the entire population worldwide?

Sure, there are many, many typos in the letter and some oddly placed punctuation. But maybe that means he wanted to type it on his own instead of letting someone else type for him? He’s a billionaire, he has people who would normally do this for him, so his typing and editing skills are probably rusty.

He does use some strange words to describe himself: magnate, the most successful investor in the world, billionaire investor? I guess they’re all true, just odd that he would use them to describe himself.

What do you think his treatment is in Japan? Whatever it is, I wish him well.

And ok, it is a little weird that THE Warren Buffet’s email address is warrenbuff1@yahoo.com. But who knows, maybe he created the email years ago and “Buff” was his nickname at the University of Nebraska.

It also seems weird that the first line “an American business magnate, investor and philanthropist” is taken directly from the first line of his Wikipedia profile.

And speaking of Wikipedia, I also thought it was a little suspect that Warren directed me to his Wikipedia page to find out more information about him - you know, to make sure this deal is legit.

The email address it was sent from wasn't his buff Yahoo account and it has me slightly stumped. It says it’s from Warren Buffet but the actual address is www.@leaf.ocn.ne.jp. Seems a little shady now that I think about it.

Do you think there’s a chance this isn’t a legit email and I’m actually not a recipient of $1,500,000????

Uh-oh, I hope I can cancel the deposit on our new pool.

Until Next Time,
Neko

P.S. If it wasn't glaringly obvious, this post was a joke based on an actual email that I received. I'm hilarious.

2 Comments:

At February 20, 2018 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

😂 you are hilarious. Miss you friend!

 
At February 20, 2018 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Neko said...

Miss you too!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home