Friday, March 16, 2018

Friday Favorites




Hello readers! I'm back after taking a blogging break while my family traveled to beautiful Oahu. Jet lag = writing at 12:26am Iowa time, 7:26pm Hawaii time. This week's Friday Favorites is a travel edition. Stay tuned for other travel inspired blogs coming soon. Enjoy!

#1
Bible verse: Psalm 91:11




#2

Convertible Purse/Back-Pack/Crossbody

This Thirty-One backpack purse goes with me on every vacation I take. Unfortunately, it appears Thirty-One doesn't sell it anymore but I found my exact one on amazon.com of course (here). Do any of my readers that are also Thirty-One reps know if this is a discontinued product? Anyway, this beauty has adjustable straps so it can be used normal, crossbody or backpack style. The backpack style is money when running through the airport. It also has a zippered flap that goes all the way down the back and that's where I keep my travel documents and boarding passes. Love this bag!



#3 

Travel Luggage Scale

If you do any amount of travel by air, having a luggage scale is crucial! It seems before we got ours we were always over the 50 lb limit and had to carry a Target grocery bag on to the plane with our overflow items. This isn't our exact model, but a similar version. This trip we weighed in at 42 and 47 pounds...for the win!




                                                          Etekcity Digital Hanging Luggage Scale, Rubber Paint, Temperature Sensor, 110 Pounds, Silver



#4 
Kon Mari Folding

You can save so much space folding your clothes to pack in your suitcase using the Kon Mari method (or the roll method). Marie Kondo wrote the book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up". I'm planning to blog in the future about the Kon Mari method. Below are our suitcases. Not perfect, but close enough to save a lot of space in our suitcases for five of us! I wish I would have taken an "after" photo...not so pretty...super sandy.




#5
UNO Card Game

I love playing UNO with my kids, we're on our second deck because our first one was destroyed by overuse. Owen and I played in the airport before our flight left. I also have a distant memory of playing UNO in the airport with some friends...pre-kids! UNO is for the young AND the old. It's timeless. 


Uno Card Game, 108 Card Deck


There you have it! My Friday Favorites, happy Friday everyone!

Until Next Time,
Neko



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home